What We Do
Our services benefit both established businesses and entrepreneurs, and include:
- Litigation: Whether it's intellectual property, commercial or regulatory litigation, we can help you resolve your matters effectively and creatively and protect the intellectual property that is at the heart of your venture.
- Intellectual property (IP): We can guide you through the process of securing and protecting patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- Corporate-commercial: Our lawyers provide services required by any business, such as incorporating and organizing businesses, negotiating and drafting contracts, and facilitating business transactions, but with a deeper understanding of the special needs of IP-based businesses.
- Regulatory and government relations: Many of our clients have intensive interaction with regulatory agencies dealing with matters such as product licensing, health concerns and environmental regulations. We can help you navigate these processes to get your products to the market.
- Privacy and data protection: We work to create regulatory and privacy law compliance strategies for our clients.
Our Industry Approach
As our client, you will work with a team that has been put together for your company, consisting of lawyers and agents with particular background in your field. Many of our lawyers and agents have had direct experience working in these industries.
Although we have served clients in all creative and innovative industries, we have in-depth experience with:
: These businesses involve aspects of health, medicine, chemical and biological applied research such as pharmaceutical products, biotechnology, medical devices, natural health products, and food and beverage manufacturing.
: Whether they market information technology or mechanical products, businesses of this type will require sophisticated patenting and related services.
: Our lawyers are familiar with the branding, marketing and corporate commercial needs unique to the fashion industry.
Media and communications
: Cinema, music and other media-based businesses often require help with distribution and related agreements and copyright litigation.
Energy and natural resources
: Traditional and alternative energy companies will need assistance with regulatory issues, patent litigation, patenting and marketing issues.