In fashion, creating and maintaining a brand are of vital importance. The creativity and hard work of designers and marketers need protection in order to establish a position in the market.
The fashion and branding lawyers at Gilbert's LLP understand the realities of the style industry, and know how to protect your creative property. Our lawyers and patent agents have worked in the fashion industry, and can help you secure and protect your brands.
Our lawyers hold membership and positions of leadership in organizations that form part of the intellectual property law community, including the Toronto Intellectual Property Group, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada and International Trademark Association. They are also members and leaders in fashion organizations such as the Fashion Design Council of Canada, Toronto Fashion Incubator, and Fashion Group International.
A Sense Of Style
As part of our services to our clients in the fashion industry, we can:
- Help you secure trademarks and copyrights
- Protect your designs through intellectual property law against counterfeiting and design piracy
- Assist with cross-border issues in Canada and the United States
- Manage global portfolios, keeping brands consistent domestically and internationally
- Create strategies for the planning and execution of brand protection strategies
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements such as exclusive distributorships, agency, retail and other agreements for luxury brands as well as startup designers
- Provide guidance with social media, domain name issues, privacy policies and e-commerce
- Assist with incorporating your business and creating foundational agreements
- Assist with business transactions, including share or asset sales or purchases
Members of Gilbert's LLP's fashion law team are also involved in education about fashion law. They are frequent guest speakers and published authors on trademarks, domain name and branding law, and lecture at law schools, universities, cultural institutions, law societies and industry associations throughout North America. They have been published in numerous magazines and academic publications, and act as panelists at events such as DHL's Business of Fashion, and the John Marshall Law School's Fashion and Design Law Symposium.
Contact Gilbert's LLP
Call us at 647-560-2022 or toll free at 866-304-7054, or send us an email to find out how our fashion lawyers and patent agents can help you establish and protect your brand. Our Toronto fashion and branding firm serves clients throughout Canada, as well as American and international corporations with Canadian branches.